Monday, December 10, 2012

Water Praise

[From October 17, 2012]

"The floods have lifted up, O LORD, the floods have lifted up their voice; the floods lift up their roaring.  More majestic than the thunders of mighty waters, more majestic than the waves of the sea, majestic on high is the LORD."
(Psalm 93:3-4)

The Psalmists frequently speak of all creation praising God: Mountains, trees, birds & other animals, etc.  Psalm 93 lifts up WATER'S ability to praise!  Floods, waters & seas "roar" their praise to God.  Which got me thinking about times I've heard the raging waters:
  • Last week on the North Shore when the big waves were pounding!
  • Two weeks ago at Disneyland/California Adventure, when Jody, Emily and I rode Grizzly River Run... six times!!!
  • On the Big Island, viewing Rainbow Falls and Akaka Falls after a big rain.
  • Living in Volcano Village in high school, hearing the rain storm pound on our tin roof.
I could keep going.  Sounds of water abound - especially here in the Hawaiian islands.  Psalm 93 reminds me of 2 things: 1) Even the waters praise God - every time I experience the "music of the waters" it should draw me to consider God!  2) As majestic as a roaring sea or big waves or an amazing waterfall actually is, GOD IS EVEN MORE MAJESTIC!  Wow.

No comments: