Monday, December 10, 2012

For the YOUTH!

[From Nov. 5, 2012]

"I said to their children in the wilderness, Do not follow the statues of your parents, nor observe their ordinances, nor defile yourselves with their idols.  I, the LORD, am your God; follow my statutes and be careful to observe my ordinances, and hallow my Sabbaths that they may be a sign between me and you, so that you may know that I the LORD am your God."
(Ezekiel 20:18-20)


Yesterday I started teaching a new group of confirmation students.  11 total.  One group of 6.  Another group of 5.  18 weeks long.  Sunday nights.  90 minutes together each week.  It's a lot of work, but way cool!  I love getting to help young people come to know God and what it means to commit one's life to following Jesus.

Today I was reading Ezekiel 20 where God is fed up with the people of Israel.  So he spoke to the children... to give them a chance to follow God wholeheartedly.  To avoid the pitfalls their parents messed up with.  Unfortunately, it didn't work out well for those kids.  But it doesn't have to be that way all the time.

Dear Lord, I pray that our time in Confirmation will bring ALL of us closer to you, so the young people can follow you with all that they have!  And maybe they can even be a light of hope & inspiration to their parents & us other adults around them!  AMEN.

No comments: