Friday, September 19, 2014

Home.

"A highway shall be there, and it shall be called the Holy Way; the unclean shall not travel on it, but it shall be for God's people; no traveler, not even fools, shall go astray.  No lion shall be there, nor shall any ravenous beast come up on it; they shall not be found there, but the redeemed of the Lord shall walk there.  And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with singing; everlasting joy shall be upon their heads; they shall obtain joy & gladness, and sorry & sighing shall flee away." 
(Isaiah 35:8-10)

So much of what I think about and read these past few weeks has been filtered through the lens of my mom.  I've always loved this passage from Isaiah 35: the Holy Highway... when God's kingdom shall come to fruition.  I've loved the image of a safe way "home" for all who have been displaced, distanced, and separated from God can return to the LORD.
Today, however, I read it as the pathway my mom traveled as she journeyed from life to LIFE.

The ravenous cancer no longer attacked her.  
Her body wasn't "unclean" anymore.
She's been redeemed by the Lord.
She returned to Zion with everlasting joy upon her.
Sorrow & sighing (which I saw as the pain moved through her in waves) is finally gone.

Welcome home, Mom.

No comments: