Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Just look around...

"For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. Ever since the creation of the world his eternal power & divine nature, invisible though they are, have been understood and seen through the things he has made."
(Romans 1:19-20)

My father was a National Park Ranger, so I grew up with a love of the outdoors.  Mountains, rivers, rocks, trees, oceans, skies, flowers, animals, birds (and other assorted critters), sunrises & sunsets... I love it all!  In fact, being outdoors in God's amazing Creation is really a kind of worship for me, a spiritual experience.  My heart is stirred.  My creativity is inspired.  It is wonderful!

The apostle Paul understood this, too.  In the very first chapter of his letter to the church in Rome, Paul notes how God has revealed himself to the entire world through the glory of his creation.  Whether you call yourself a "religious person" or are a part of any type of faith community (or not!), you can know something about God just by looking around.

So keep your eyes (and heart!) open today!  God's glory is everywhere!

No comments: