Monday, November 23, 2015

James Taylor & Jesus

[From November 17, 2015]

"The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth."
(Psalm 145:18)

James Taylor sang a song titled, 'You've Got A Friend."  The chorus says:
You just call on my 
And you know wherever I am
I'll come running
To see you again
Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there
You've got a friend
We long for friends like that. For true intimacy and deep love and commitment.  If we're fortunate, our spouses fill this role.  So do a few close friends we acquire over our lifetime.  But God also makes this promise to us.

God is near to us all the time.  The God who created us... gifted us... redeemed us... and calls us to become more and more like Him.  He longs to be in intimate relationship with us - if only we'll seek Him.  He'll be a real and present help to "all who call on him in truth."  The challenge (at least for me) is to do this on a daily basis - not just when I think I'm in need.  I'm actually in need of God EVERY day... if the truth be told.  So come, Lord, Jesus.  Be near me!

No comments: