Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Guess who doesn't judge?

[From 2/21/13]

"Jesus answered, 'Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid because I know where I have come from and where I am going, but you do not know where I come from or where I am going. You judge by human standards; I judge no one.'"
(John 8:14-15)

It has been said that the Christian Church today is more known for what we're against than what (or who) we're for.  That's really sad.  REALLY!  Because that wasn't true for Jesus.  He was constantly breaking down barriers & stereotypes amongst his faith community (Judaism).

In John 8, Jesus gets into (another) lengthy argument with the religious leaders.  They're challenging & questioning Jesus' authority... not believing anything he says to them.  He lays it out plain & simple: they judge people left & right.  "I judge no one," Jesus retorts.

In a world where Christianity comes across, in many circles, as being very judgmental, this should stop us in our tracks.  JESUS DOESN'T JUDGE.  Jesus loves... welcomes... embraces... forgives... heals... but he doesn't judge.  So why are we?  As his followers, we need to drop our air of superiority and assume the position of our Master: love.  'Nuff said.

No comments: