Friday, November 13, 2009

Giving God props!

"Daniel answered the king, 'No wise men, enchanters, magicians, or diviners can show to the king the mystery that the king is asking, but there is a God in heaven who has revealed mysteries...'"
(Daniel 2:27-28)

The king had a brilliantly insane idea.  To cut through all of the pretenders, sycophants, and wanna-bees he asked his 'top men' (magicians, enchanters, & sorcerers) to interpret his dream... AFTER they tell him what his dream was ('cuz, shoot... anyone can make up an interpretation if they're heard the dream first, right?!?).  The top men, of course, told the king it was humanly impossible.  Period.  So the king ordered their execution.  Daniel was given the role of chief executioner.  But before he carried out that duty, he prayed that God might reveal to him what the king dreamed.  Sure enough, by the grace of God, Daniel answered the king's request - and he gave God all the credit.

Which got me wondering... how often do I give God the credit for the numerous ways He's blessed me and enabled me to be who I am, with all my gifts & abilities?  Really, it's not about me.  It's God's strength, inspiration, and empowerment.  I don't think I let others know that enough.  Shame on me.  Full props to God!  AMEN.

No comments: