Thursday, July 23, 2009

A New Song

"O sing to the LORD a new song, for He has done marvelous things."
(Psalm 98:1)

I haven't done any research on this, but I'd venture to say the phrase "sing to the LORD a new song" appears at least a dozen times (or more!) in the Book of Psalms. Maybe it was one of those common expressions that everyone used "back in the day." Who knows. But for some reason, today God put it on my heart, as I read Psalm 98.

Sing to the LORD a new song. Not the "same old same old" song I've been singing for a while now. Whether it's the way I pray... or relate to God... or tell others about my faith... God has done (and continues to do) MARVELOUS THINGS! Surely I can come up with a "new" response to God's grace, can't I?

PRAYER: Thank you so much, Lord, for the many ways You continue to bless, surprise, and sustain me each and every day. In both my strong and weak moments, You remain steadfast - calling me forward to be the person You created me to be. Help me TODAY to sing of Your greatness to someone new. Help me to be more aware of Your presence. Help me to love You a bit more deeply than yesterday. Give me a new song today, oh Lord! AMEN.

No comments: