Monday, March 30, 2009

Gladness

[From 3/28/09]

"For David says concerning (Jesus)... 'You have made known to me the ways of life; you will make me full of gladness with your presence.'"
(Acts 2:28)

It's shortly after Jesus' resurrection. The disciples have been gathered in Jerusalem waiting for the "promise" Jesus told them would come: The Holy Spirit. God's unseen presence among them. In Acts 2, it came! IN POWER!! Which compelled Peter to start "street preaching." And 3,000 are moved to give their lives to God.

Among the finer points of his message, Peter mentions a passage from Psalm 16. David acknowledged God's Holy Words in scripture & divine inspiration, plus the gladness that comes from spending time in God's presence. I also believe in the power of the "ways of life" found in the Bible. There's so much insight, truth & power here. It's not secret or hidden - but rather open & available to all who seek it. And as I seek God's words, I'm also made more aware of God's presence (in my life and in the world around me!). As David (& Paul) says, God's presence brings GLADNESS!

PRAYER: Help me to cherish the times I'm aware of your presence, Lord. I want to live in that perpetual state of gladness - knowing You and Your ways abound. AMEN.

No comments: