Monday, November 10, 2008

"So... what happened?!?!"

[NOTE: This is from 11/7... just haven't updated the site in a while.]

"Moreover, the word of the LORD came to me: Mortal, raise a lamentation over the king of Tyre, and say to him... Your heart was proud because of your beauty; you corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor. I cast you to the ground; I exposed you before kings, to feast their eyes on you."
(Ezekiel 28:11, 17)

"You had so much going for you... but you wasted it! You abused your position and now you'll face divine consequences!" So says God, via Ezekiel, to the king of Tyre (a costal region just North of Galilee). So much promise, potential, opportunity... so much disappointment in the eyes of God.

I know this was written for a specific individual who wielded great power & influence... and God was holding him accountable... BUT (here's where it gets personal)... But this same question haunts me. With all the opportunity, giftings, responsibility and authority God has given me personally... will I be able (am I currently!?!) to be found faithful? Or will God one day say to me, 'You had so much going for you. What happened?!?"

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, as much as I love this life and the relationships/responsibilities you've placed before me, most of all I want to be faithful to You! Keep me faithful to You. Please. AMEN.

No comments: