Monday, November 10, 2008

Broken Healing

[NOTE: This was from 11/8... catching up!]

"Mortal, I have broken the arm of Pharaoh king of Egypt; it has not been bound up for healing or wrapped with a bandage, so that it may become strong to wield the sword."
(Ezekiel 30:21)

I know the focus of this passage is supposed to be God's judgment on the Egyptian Pharaoh. Metaphorically, his "arm was broken"... his power & authority damaged. And it will not return to normal, says God. No healing will come. That's the message. But I heard something else today...

I heard a word of HOPE! I heard the truth behind an injury: if treated well, an injury can heal! As painful and devastating as a broken arm may be (whether literally or metaphorically), it can return to full strength! This is a word of encouragement to those in the midst of trauma/struggles. It's a call to make sure a "broken body part" is "set" correctly - that safeguards, accountability, rest & proper healing are put in place.

Whether it's in my life, my family, or the larger AUMC "Ohana," I have a responsibility to help ensure the proper healing & recovery for those with broken "limbs." God provides the healing... but there can be healing!!

PRAYER: As painful as it may be at the time, LORD, help me to make sure all things broken can heal correctly. AMEN.

No comments: