Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Let's hear it for the moms!

[From August 6, 2013]

"Greet Rufus, chosen in the LORD; and greet his mother - a mother to me also."
(Romans 16:13)

Moms rock!  I've been blessed with two mothers: my birth mother (Sylvia), who died when I was 6... and my second mother (Pat), who's been in my life just about ever since.  So much of who I am is because of their influence.

But other women have been like mothers to me, too, over the years.  Usually they were moms of friends of mine, whom I hung out with quite a bit... or moms of friends at church who were involved in my life.  Women who loved me, cared about what happened to me, and wanted to help me become the person God intended me to be.

I was reminded of these wonderful women today when I read Romans 16.  Paul comments on Rufus and his mom, who has been "a mother to me also."  These women in my life, too numerous to mention here, loved me in Arizona, Hawaii, Oahu, and even New Jersey.  I am so blessed because of them... and pray God's best in their lives today!

No comments: