Friday, July 30, 2010

Wisdom. (Guaranteed!)

"I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me."
(Proverbs 8:17)

In the 8th chapter of Proverbs, the author personifies wisdom as a woman.  She calls out to people: "Acquire intelligence, you who lack it!"  She comments on how her instructions are better than gold or silver.  She even comments that "those who seek me diligently, find me."

There are many things in life that do not come with guarantees: health, years of life, safety & security, permanence of relationships, acceptance, etc.  But Lady Wisdom says if we seek her diligently, we WILL find her.  Period.  As Christians, we believe that god will give us wisdom, if only we'll ask (see James 1:5).  It'll come!  Wisdom may not be always something you can quantify (like one's IQ score)... or always mean simply knowledge (like being a trivia expert!)... but it will sure take you far in life.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to seek Your Wisdom.  May I not rely on my own intelligence or understanding alone.  Help me to search for You with all diligence.  Keep me humble.  Thank you for the promise of wisdom to all of us who seek it.  Diligently.  AMEN!

No comments: